Thursday, August 6, 2009

Europe here I come!!!!!!

Its been yet another long hiatus since my last blog, but I bear good news ppl! Late last month, I won a trip to London to watch U2!! Yes, it all began when a friend of mine told me that there was a radio contest going on the airwaves and the grand prize was a trip for 2 to London to watch my fav band. All you had to do was be the 1st caller through and listen to a snippet of 5 U2 songs and name each song in order. The person that gets most right and in the shortest amount of time wins the grand prize. Naturally, I immediately dedicated the next few days to making sure I somehow get through and win it. And what can i say....Perseverance pays! :)

So, with that in mind, I began toying the idea of extending my trip to do a little traveling. I've never been to Europe mainly because the Pound n Euro scares the shit out of me! Since now that the airfare is covered, why not plan something I thought. So for weeks, I was like a mad researcher, constantly searching and scouting for deals and planning my route. I have to say, its alot of work but its alot of fun too!

The final plan: London->Paris->Barcelona->Madrid->London. I know, its not that elaborate as I'm not covering many countries. But i didn't want to just step on as many countries' soil as possible and not enjoy myself. I believe that if you spend a bit more time at one place, you get to soak up more of the culture and also enjoy the trip alot more. On tope of that, I'm doing it backpacker style. (actually, not by choice, just that I'm traveling alone and i don't have the money to go upscale) But the youth hostels aren't as cheap as I expected: 25 euro a night on average, but I guess thats coz its peak summer travel season.

Anyways, will have more updates as I get ready for my trip. Gosh, only 6 more days before I fly! Woohoo...Can you tell that i'm excited? :P


1 comment:

MasculinEndings said...

have a great trip hansen! i ve been to spain and france and loved every moment there. cheers.